Tuesday 20 November 2012

Study Task 4 : "Who am I now?" (continued)

My chosen areas of practice as of now:

Branding
Iconography
Typography
Editorial
Screen printing
Music
Clothing
Photography
Film

My main strengths as of now:

Iconography : For my 'History of' summer brief I designed iconography books
Branding : Summer placement I rebranded a Gaming Company
Editorial : An area where I have always enjoyed grid and layout
Photography : I feel that I have good eye when it comes to taking photos
Music : I set myself the small task of design some record covers over the summer for Alt-J

My identified weaknesses as of now:

Web design
Confidence when it comes to competition briefs
Craft based skills like book binding and screen printing

A set of main goals for this year:

Collaborate with someone in the class and produce a piece of work to a high standard
Enter a range of competition briefs
Produce some freelance work
Learn more about print
Push my craft based skills further.
Go to the print studio more.
Extend my knowledge on software
Get a placement
Get a part time job to help with finances

Wishes:


Get nominated for an award
Get a placement
Build up my portfolio
Work hard, Play hard
Push my fancy dress costumes further!
Party more
Enjoy living in my first house with my friends
Make new friends
Go outside of Leeds every once in a while

Ambitions:

Win or get nominated for YCN / D&AD
Go to an amazing studio and work for them for a while.
Get paid for a design job
Get on to a blog / in a magazine article


0 comments:

Post a Comment