I worked from the interview above and then asked my own questions to Lizzi.
1. What got you into graphic design?
2. What have you enjoyed most about the first year?
3. What would your dream job be?
4. Who are your biggest inspirations?
5. Favourit past times?
1. Gosh, it took me a long time to come to the conclusion of studying graphic design. I've always loved design and everything creative, but before the end of last year my mind was everywhere! I'd applied for a few different courses in fashion and printing and could not make my mind up, and in the end declined the offers I'd received because I had applied for London which was too far away for a northerner like me. My foundation tutor was actually the one to suggest LCA to me which I applied for through clearing, and it made sense in the end to apply for graphic design because it is so versatile that I can explore different loves and not have to tie myself down to a particular media.
2.The thing I have enjoyed most about the first year is having a little bit more creative freedom with briefs we've been given, and although I've hated the long nights, its been interesting seeing how much work I can actually push myself to do in the time available.
3. My dream job would be to have my own print studio, where I could create my own work and also teach printing techniques to others and spread the love.
4. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not actually great with the names of the designers I love, but there are also too many to name anyway! One that has stuck in my head this year though has been Emily Allison, who creates beautiful prints. I also love David Shrigley's style and his sense of humour, and even though she's not a graphic designer, I love Tracey Emin's way with words and her neon pieces.
5. I am very vocal about the fact that my favourite past time is TV, which I am obsessed with, but I also love going to watch live comedy and drinking overpriced cocktails. And eating, I love eating.
and spending time with my boy, obviously, but thats a bit cheesy.