Monday 19 November 2012

Study Task 4 : Continued

Identify the top choice and WHY you feel that they may have synergy with your practice now, or in the near future.

Two Times Elliot

Two Times Elliott is a design consultancy based in Notting Hill, London. Headed up by Creative Directors, James Horwitz and Ross Gunter, Two Times Elliott produces a diverse range of work across multiple disciplines including print design, identity and web.

I have been interested in this style of work for some time now, as I consider it to be a step forward from what I was interested in a couple of years ago. I follow multiple design blogs on Tumblr that celebrate Two Times Elliot design work and it would be a dream to have a studio visit or even collaborate with them. I consider their work to be very current and quite edgy as it often explores alternative print methods, experimental typography and layout design. I quite like the photography and some of their corporate branding design too as they show off a broad range of skills and knowledge. I love this about Two Times Elliot as it proves that they are not a one trick pony and they can mould themselves to the fast pace of the design industry that involves a broad range of clients and projects. Over the next few years I wish to build up a body of work as strong and as diverse as this one.








Is your choice based on:

Location : They are based in London, a place I would love to push myself to go and approach studios.

Direction of practice : The print basis of their work really interests me, especially as they are at the forefront of branding and style at the moment amongst the online blogging community.

The brand philosophy : 

'We like to work with all our clients as creative partners and to this end we think it is important to involve them in the design process as much as possible. We also work hard to manage our design work alongside a clients budget. We deliver bespoke design solutions and advice to a wide range of clients, from individuals to large organisations, in a variety of different sectors. Our team is made up of passionate and experienced designers all of whom are experts in a variety of disciplines. We are also passionate about giving new young design talent studio experience where they can work with the team to boost the vigour of our projects and generally augment the creative process.'

Client base : They have a wide range of clients and throughout their website each project show a clear and customised creative direction.

Please consider :

WHO they are/who are you?

Two Times Elliot are a design consultancy based in Notting Hill, London. Headed up by Creative Directors, James Horwitz and Ross Gunter, Two Times Elliott produces a diverse range of work across multiple disciplines including print design, identity and web.

I am a second year design student who has a keen interest in branding & identity, editorial and print. I have studied graphic design since the age of 16 so by the time I graduate I would have studied it for five years.

WHY you are contacting them and why they should listen?

I am contacting them because they are an independent studio who have a team of passionate and experienced designers all of whom are experts in a variety of disciplines. I should contact them because in their contact info they talk about 'giving new young design talent studio experience where they can work with the team to boost the vigour of our projects and generally augment the creative process.'

They should listen because I am a hard working individual with a passion and a talent for graphic design who has the mindset and drive to learn new skills and meet new people.

WHAT do you want them to do next and what do you actually want.

Straight to the point. I want them to reply to me! I want a placement. Simple.

WHY they should get back to you?

They should get back to me because I may bring something new to the table. Fresh eyes and ears and brain. 

Now you have identified initially these studios you feel synergy with. Please list 8 methods you could utilise to contact them.

Email

Phone

Letter / Post

"Creative CV" (Pinterest, Twitter, etc)
Produce a poster / piece of work that expressed my interest in them
Send a video clip of me talking about my interest and my work
Send an interactive info pack about me and my work
Send them a photo of me, and a bit about myself. It's always better to visual somebody and know what they look like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment